Monday, January 17, 2011

IVF Treatment

After deciding to wait until we had our "cash" to pay for our baby or babies. Ben and I enjoyed our summer on the cheap route. Ben spent his free time coaching high school boys in about 6 tournaments and I worked really hard on my tan, spent a week in Atlanta on a Mission trip with 100 high schoolers serving the homeless. We of course spent numerous weekends at the Lake! Looking back GOD was defiantly on our side. My June pay check included a really nice bonus, Ben earned more than expected coaching and got promoted to assistant manager at Baseball Express. Needless to say our goal of having our money in order by Christmas was met in early October!

Wow, it was so surreal! We couldn't believe that we had committed to IVF. After making the our payment to RMA we called the pharmacist to order all of our meds. To my surprise our insurance cover all of it!

After 21 days of shots...Ben really stepped up to the plate and had no problem giving them to me. I did learn that I am pretty tough girl...
Finally the time had come! On November 3rd- we went in for the egg retrieval. We were excited to hear that they had take 11 viable eggs. On Saturday we received a phone call that 9 eggs fertilized. Over the next 5 days we received updates on our "babies". We continued to pray for God to have his way, no matter what the outcome we wanted it to be his way not ours. November 8th was the day of the big transfer! After getting all gowned up I was ready to go. Did you know that it is optimal for the transfer to have a full blatter? Not only is it awkward to be all exposed you also feel like you are going to pee everywhere. Its really not funny but true. After the transfer we were sent home to wait....the dreaded two week wait is awful.
Unfortunately, we received the news that our first IVF transfer was negative. I spent the next 6 hours crying and feeling sorry for myself. 1 Thessalonians 5 16-18 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances: for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Even though things didn't go the way we felt they should have gone, we are confident in the lords will for our journey.

Enjoy this song/video

2 comments:

  1. Im so sorry Katy. I know that must of been so gut-wrenching for yall. I have been praying for you for over a year now and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy... I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. I am sure that it is really difficult and so hard for me to understand. I will be praying for you guys.
    God is good... all the time. Sometimes we just dont understand his plans for us. I know all too well that sometimes what we want isnt what he wants for us. And although its hard to give up control sometimes it feels amazing to have that weight lifted by our ever amazing God!

    ReplyDelete